Thursday, April 21, 2011

Free pattern for fingerless gloves

Totally Love this pattern:  Can't wait to make these :)

Crocheted Lacy Fingerless Gloves Created by
Christie Pruitt
I found this great pattern on www.ravelry.com from one of the members, I just adore. I really enjoy her creativity and wanted to share her free pattern for Lacy Fingerless gloves.  For more information on Christie Pruitt please visit her on Ravelry, free to join for all crochet and knitting lovers alike:   http://www.ravelry.com/designers/christie-pruitt 








Crochet



March 2008




Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi)


6 stitches and 3 rows = 1 inch in worked over lace pattern


3.5 mm (E)


200 - 210 yards (183 - 192 m)





Should fit a woman's size Small/Medium

Instructions
Ch 37
Row 1 (Right Side): Dc in fifth ch from hook, *skip next 3 chs, 5 dc in
next ch, skip next 3 chs, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch, repeat from *
across.
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), turn, 2 dc in next ch 1 sp, skip next
3 dc, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next dc, * 5 dc in next ch 1 sp, skip next 3 dc,
(dc, ch 1, dc) in next dc, repeat from * across to last sp, 3 dc in last
sp.
Row 3: Ch 4, turn, dc in first dc, * 5 dc in next ch 1 sp, skip next 3 dc,
(dc, ch 1, dc) in next dc, repeat from * across.
Repeat Rows 2 & 3 seven times or until desired length, ending after
Row 2.
Do not cut yarn. Work a Crab Stitch (reverse crochet) across the top.
Work sc all around both sides and bottom of piece.

Finishing
With Right Sides Together, slip stitch along side of glove for about 1",
leave about a 1

½" opening for thumb. When seaming is complete,




tuck in ends!
Work the 2nd glove the same way

I am going to try this pattern this weekend, and share it with Christie and everyone on my blog.  Please feel free to crochet along with me.

For Download of this pattern in PDF Crocheted Lacy Fingerless Gloves

Hand Crocheted Lacy fingerless gloves created by Christie Pruitt


            

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work ~ over from Blog Frog ~ Welcome to a great group ~ am sure you will enjoy them ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gloves! I love how the patterns are so much more chic and updated now rather than the tired old patterns of yesteryear. I need to pick it up again. It's been a few years:(
    -Bethanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer,

    Found your link here on FB. I am now a "follower"!
    This is a super cool pattern. I have always wanted a pair of these ;)
    I have a skein on yarn with knitting needles, but I have yet to learn. So many other things to do, like network, network, and more network!
    Thank you,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog from Blog Frog.

    These gloves are so pretty. I admire your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your blog!
    found you on blogfrog... will follow you and maybe I'll improve my crochet skills!

    :o) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked it!

    I love crochet, so intimates and the pieces are always unique.

    Peace,
    Adelle

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment